Sweet Black Saturday

One of my favorite things to do over the weekend is to explore different cafes in Penang. I have to agree that most of the cafe at Pen...


One of my favorite things to do over the weekend is to explore different cafes in Penang. I have to agree that most of the cafe at Penang don't serve consistent good coffee, and a lot of them not even have their own specialities that can impress their customers. Well, maybe themed cafe is one of the attraction, but I don't think it gonna last without good food or coffee. 

Reason I always go back to Mugshot is because I love their bagel so much. I love the authentic and simple taste of their bacon and eggs bagel, compare to any others burger/sandwiches, which I feel it's more on the healthy but yummy side, without too much oil and sauces. 

Another cafe that we explore near by Mugshot is Roti Bean (walking distance). They don't sell coffee like others, but their soya bean is definitely a must try - so far the best I had ever!!!

Secawan N' Such is highly recommended by a friend, and YES I do love their cakes (we tried Tiramisu and Carrot cake) but too bad their coffee is not what I expect. How I wish I can find a place which sell good coffee and great cakes - good coffee like Lighthouse/Coffee Journey, and awesome cake like China House/Moody Cow/Secawan N' Such (Day dreaming).

周末假日我最爱就是到不一样的 Cafe 尝鲜。可惜,很多槟城的 cafe 都没有一定水平的咖啡素质,更甚一些 cafe 连自己的特色和卖点都没有;主题式 cafe 或许短期内可以吸引人潮啦,可是日子久了,就失去新鲜感了。

而 Mugshot 是我最爱的 cafe 之一:我尤其喜欢他们家的培根+蛋贝果,材料和味道虽然简单却很美味,和其它汉堡或三文治比起来也没有那么油腻,感觉上比较健康。

同样一天我们也到 Mugshot 附近的 Roti Bean 逗留了一会儿,虽然 Roti Bean 没有卖咖啡,但是他们主打的豆水真的很棒,是我喝过最好喝的了!

朋友介绍的 Secawan N' Such 蛋糕好好吃(我们点了提拉米蘇和胡萝卜蛋糕),可是他们的咖啡依然不怎么样。为什么槟城就不能有一间 cafe,可以既有好喝的咖啡又有好吃的蛋糕呢?(像是 Lighthouse/Coffee Journey 的好咖啡 + China House/Moody Cow/Secawan N' Such 的绝佳蛋糕,一定是人间天堂吖!)


Lace Cropped Top: RM39.90 // Chiffon Skort RM30.90 //  Royale Collections Bag
Venue: Mugshot, Roti Bean, Secawan N' Such

You Might Also Like

0 COMMENTS